Global Development & Research Initiative (GDRI) is a non-profit research organization registered with the Registrar of Joint Stock Companies and Firms in Bangladesh. We conduct development research on issues related to gender, education, health, poverty, agriculture, food security, climate change and disaster in Bangladesh. We specialize in conducting surveys and field experiments to objectively evaluate different projects and programs and understand issues of public policy interest in Bangladesh. We build on strong team of international researchers who are interested to understand about socio-economic development in Bangladesh.
The initial focus on the vast majesty on the field work is in the south eastern part of Bangladesh. We collaborate with other NGOs in the country to work in areas with mutual interests and expertise. We believe research-led development agenda, and promoting evidence-based solution. We offer training and supports for researchers interested in economic development, field experiments and complex survey designs. We particularly welcome young and early career researchers to work with us.
GDRI is a Non-Profitable, Non-Political, Non-Government, Voluntary & Charitable Society. All the objects are implemented after obtaining necessary permission from the government/concerned authority/ competent authority.
GDRI at A glance:
- We work closely with universities and research organizations across the globe to produce evidence based results that could lead to important policy implication in Bangladesh.
- We have a strong long-term collaboration with Monash University. A number of Monash researchers have already visited us in past few years to conduct the survey, field experiments including large scale randomized controlled trials (RCTs).
- We have dedicated 20 staffs who have expertise and experience in conducting lab-in-the-field experiment, complex surveys, and running RCTs.
- We offer data management and data cleaning after surveys are conducted.
- We work with researchers to develop questionnaire and preliminary data analysis to give snapshot pictures of the ongoing fieldworks.
- Our focus is on small unit such as households, individuals and firms where we can make changes and see the changes happening. We believe changing at the individual, household and village/community level could bring meaningful and long-term sustainable changes in the lives of the poor people.
Our mission is to make positive changes in the society, provide evidence based solution, and promoting social well-being.